Friday, September 18, 2015

"Beatitude" 30x40, Oil on Canvas

"Beatitude" 30x40, Oil on Canvas

I've been wrestling with this one for weeks since I thought I was finished. The paint wasn't drying correctly due to some new thinner I was trying out (and using more like Linseed). After I scrubbed off huge portions of it and restarted again the piece seemed to be much better. I like the layers in the clouds along with the layers in the land. I always learn from mistakes. The best thing is to just go with them. Don't fight with the painting.

I don't know how many times I've walked away from the easel with this one because I was so frustrated. I'm so glad I did and didn't try to fight through "fixing" it. I've been learning how to let go of things in my mind with this painting.

Oh, and I'm back to Linseed Oil. I love that stuff. Why did I ever try something new? Oh yeah. Cause I wanted to torture myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment