Monday, August 10, 2015

Sold, "Far Green Country" at Mary Tomas Gallery

"Far Green Country" 36x48, Oil on Canvas


So very pleased to share that this piece was sold at Mary Tomas Gallery just recently.


This was taken from a passage in Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, "...the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back and Frodo beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise."
I didn't really want to ILLUSTRATE that passage as much as let it inspire my painting. I don't have any silver glass, swift sunrise or white shores. For me, I wanted to show this "far green country" as the illuminated place hidden by the veil of clouds. I wanted a feeling that the viewer was coming out of dark canyons into the fresh rain and good land, our true Eden.

3 comments:

  1. Loved the feel of this painting, and now I know why...Tolkien. Do you have other works still on display at the Mary Tomas Gallery? Donna Shelton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Donna. Mary and Alberto would be happy to show you any works of mine at the gallery if you want to do that. Thank you for the kind words. That is what I try for is the feeling of a place. Bless you!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete