Friday, April 10, 2015

Opening Night for "Horizons" at Mary Tomas Gallery

What?? No paint on my clothes??

Had a WONDERFUL time at Mary Tomas Gallery on Saturday night as they opened the landscape show, "Horizons." If you are local to Dallas, please don't miss seeing these works by several artists. Particular favorites are: Dennis Blagg, Mary Tomas and Carolyn Caldwell. Their pieces will move you!

I confess, I'm always nervous going to these things. It's not just because you have to "clean up pretty" but it feels like pieces of your heart is on the wall for anyone to come along and say, "Meh." But I got my Big Girl pants on (yes, their black) and pressed Kendrick into service as my arm candy and off we went! Ha! We had a great time. Or maybe I should say I had a great time. He had a time. He did get dinner and lots of hubbie points. I got to see several friends and family members there. My Mom and Dad, Sister and my nephew, Riah (who even stands cool). I also saw some long time collector friends like Carol (below). She has always been such a sweet friend. I can't tell you how much it means to me to be in her lovely home. She has 11 pieces of mine! Thank you dear Carol!


 
Sweet Carol

I was able to meet some new friends as they asked me about the paintings. Two men that had been waiting to talk to me just so they could ask, "What is your favorite piece?" WHAT??? Someone get these guys some cake!

One of my dearest friends, Melanie, was also there with another friend (who I got to meet). What a lovely lady she is. I can only say that she has been a lifelong encouragement to me and my art. God bless you Melanie! *sadly don't have a picture of her to show you here*

Two of my larger pieces: "Far Green Country" 36x48 (left) and "Appulse" 48x60 (right)

So pleased to share I have sold "Appulse" on opening night and have two others on hold for sale. A wonderful shot in the arm for me. I give God all the praise for that.

This year the DADA Art Walk will overlap this show which is April 25th. If you would like to know more about Art Walk please go HERE. This is a day (they have one in the spring and one in fall) where ALL the Dallas Art Dealers Association (DADA) galleries are open to stroll through, enjoy some refreshments and see art. It really is a highlight for the Dallas Art Scene. A real honor to be up during Art Walk.

Show ends on May 9th. 








No comments:

Post a Comment