Thursday, March 12, 2015

"Far Green Country" 36x48, Oil on Canvas

"Far Green Country" 36x48, Oil on Canvas


This was taken from a passage in Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, "...the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back and Frodo beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise."

I didn't really want to ILLUSTRATE that passage as much as let it inspire my painting. I don't have any silver glass, swift sunrise or white shores. For me, I wanted to show this "far green country" as the illuminated place hidden by the veil of clouds. I wanted a feeling that the viewer was coming out of dark canyons into the fresh rain and good land, our true Eden.

36x48, Oil on Canvas. This is the last painting for Mary Tomas Gallery's upcoming show, "Horizons" in April. Now I just need to do a million things to get the paintings all ready!

1 comment:

  1. Your work is so amazing. I sure wish you would offer workshops.

    ReplyDelete