Sunday, October 12, 2014

"Lantern in the Forest" 12x12, Oil on Gessobord

"Lantern in the Forest" 12x12, Oil on Gessobord


This painting started out as a very dim light covered with a LOT of mist. I was having to take some steroids for a swelling tongue (I know, don't ask!). I finally called the Dr. and asked if I could quit. I just kept crying. Needless to say it took a few weeks before I went back to it and out popped this light and a little path and the trees. It's amazing how good you feel when your not on medicine!

I think I am missing Narnia. Maybe it's time I reread one or two of those wonderful books.I like to imagine what Narnia might look like with the lantern in the woods. Aslan has thawed the frozen world, and the Kings and Queens of Narnia are justly ruling the land. This lantern has such a story to tell in the glow of a quiet, soft light.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this piece! Is it for purchase?

    Thanks for always being true to what God puts on your heart, friend!

    Many hugs, Jill

    PS. I'm praying for your recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realized I never replied to this! I'm so sorry Jill! Thank you for those precious prayers. I still have the piece. Miss you dear friend!

      Delete