Tuesday, August 5, 2014

"Valley of Light and Water" 36x36, Oil on Gessobord

"Valley of Light and Water" 36x36, Oil on Gessbord
 
 
Finished this piece today. A large gessobord. I've actually been working on this piece for several weeks with the layers of glaze. I wanted the distant hills to have a green tint and the land to get warmer in coloring as it came forward. I added the little lake at the bottom because I felt the painting needed something to balance the textured sky.
 
Palette: Burnt Umber, Ultramarine Blue, Yellow Ochre, and Titanium White 

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, as soon as I saw this, I thought: "Even in the valley, God is there in water and in light." The image is so dark, but at the lowest point of the piece, in the darkest part of the piece, there is light and water--the two symbols that typify our Dad. How beautiful this is. What a reminder. Thank you! --Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you saw that Jill and shared it with me! Awesome!

      Delete