Thursday, April 17, 2014

"One Calling in the Desert" 12x12, Oil on Gessobord, Final

"One Calling in the Desert" 12x12, Oil on Gessobord
 
 
I am finally back painting after a few weeks of working with my church on images for Easter and also speaking in some various classes. I am ready to paint again and feel even insecure in the studio as it's been so long. I got back to this piece today and I love how God moves me towards something I didn't even see until I paint and that is the straight white light coming out behind the rock. "Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God..."
 
Whenever I come to Him in need and insecure He seems to comfort me, "Just get to work." Is what I heard Him saying these past few days. It's good to be here.
 
My goal has been to just work through parts of John. I'm already on the next piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment