Tuesday, February 4, 2014

"Tempest" 16x20, Oil on Gessobord.

"The Tempest" 16x20, Oil on Gessobord
 
 
 
I finished this for a friend that I really got to know over a blog she was keeping as she was a missionary in a foreign land (I will not mention her name here or her work as that is HER story and not mine to tell). I loved reading how she was teaching women to share their own stories. She was giving them hope and confidence to tell what God had done. I loved reading about them and seeing their bright smiles.
 
My friend also shared some of the hard parts of being a missionary and particularly a single woman on the field. Her struggles were real and painful and heartbreaking. She wanted me to paint her a picture of her time on the mission field. I prayed that God would give me a glimpse into that place she was in. I believe what she did mattered! It was lovely AND it was hard. Storms are like that. And even in the middle of doing God's will you can feel alone.
 
I hope you see the light and the rain and you think of beauty. Yes, even here in this hard place...He is softening something for good. Just like my friend and those women and the stories that fell upon listening ears. Softening, raining, beautiful love.


2 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous and will mean so much to her for years to come. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind encouragement. It was MY honor to do this for her.

      Delete