Saturday, December 7, 2013

"Smoke on the Mountain" 12x48, Oil on Canvas

"Smoke on the Mountain" 12x48, Oil on Canvas
 
 
 
We've had ice pass through Dallas these past few days leaving road conditions very hazardous and some homes without electricity. It has given me time to rest, be with the kids and paint. I know some people in Dallas are grumbling at the loss of good shopping days but I'm so thankful. I am grateful for the time to be quiet (yes, even with three restless kids!) with nothing we HAVE to do.
 
Yesterday I spent several hours outside looking at the ice and the trees. It was so fun. I will try to share more about that later. After I got back I knew I wanted to make my painting feel cold and almost like you can't really see it very clearly for the mist.  I spent a year of my life in Colorado and my Dad was raised in New Mexico. Both places have views of hills that overlap in carpets of trees. I always loved imagining myself hiking through the ridge lines seeing to the next layer.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment