Monday, November 18, 2013

Thank you all!

Dad, DeAnn, Mom and Me
 
Thought you all might get a chuckle out of seeing this old picture of my sweet family. I think DeAnn and I are wearing curtains...or we're about to go to choir practice. 
 
I just want to say a HUGE Thank You to everyone who contributed to the relief efforts for Tacloban. 
 
Today I ordered 186 prints that will be printing and then coming to my house for signing and checking before they go out to your homes.  It has literally been an amazing 7 days just to watch what God can do!
 
I would like to thank each one of you personally but as the orders started to come in I realized that it would be impossible to do.  Even this post with its typed words seems inadequate to me and so impersonal as everything about this process has been deeply personal.  However inadequate it is though I just want to take this opportunity to thank you so much for your generous hearts.  You have played a great part in making my 5 loaves and 2 fish into something that multiplied right before my eyes. I recall in the story that no one said, “What a great boy!” When they thought of the feeding of the 5,000 they KNEW the great one was Jesus.  I have been so aware of that these past few days as I have seen His beautiful love played out.
 

You have, to date, help to raise $3,125 for the victims of the super typhoon that recently hit the Philippines.  ALL the money will be going to World Vision (please go to: www.worldvision.org to learn more about this wonderful organization) relief efforts for the Philippines.  I have had orders from Iceland, UK, US, Norway, and Scotland.  I know that is of God as many of you are perfect strangers to me and yet God brought you to this website and you gave.
 

Today, November 18th I made the orders for your prints.  It will take about 4-5 days for the order to be finished and mailed.  Once I get them I can eyeball them, sign and mail them to you.  Please give me 10-12 days.  My hope is to have it to you before Thanksgiving or the first part of December.
 

Please continue to pray for the people who are suffering greatly in the Philippines.  I believe the words of David when he writes in Psalm 22:24, “For He has not turned away from the suffering of the one in pain or trouble.  He has not hidden His face from him. But He has heard his cry for help.” Thank you for hearing and giving.  Now as we give our bit may He grow it even more into love made tangible.
 

Philip Yancey writes in his book, Prayer: “I used to spend a lot of time asking God questions. Why must poverty persist…? Why does one continent, Africa, absorb like a sponge so many of the world’s disasters? When will “peace on earth” ever arrive? Ultimately, I came to see these questions as God’s interrogations of us.  Jesus made clear God’s will for the planet – what part am I playing to help fulfill that will?” I asked myself that recently and all I can say is it’s been a JOY, even in the midst of this terrible tragedy, to see what God can do. Thank you for playing a part in God’s story.
 
 
Dawn


1 comment:

  1. Thank YOU for taking the initiative and making the time to help so many in such a profound way!

    ReplyDelete