Thursday, September 12, 2013

"Summer Green" 5x7, Oil on Panel

"Summer Green" 5x7, Oil on Gessobord
 
 
I started this little plein air study when we made our summer trip up to Illinois in June.  My husband's folks have the most lovely piece of land.  I love to sit out and just paint portions of it every time we go up. This summer (because of my foot surgery) I wasn't able to do everything with the family.  One particular day I sat out on the porch (crutches and all) and painted.  It was a really lovely day.  Cool in the shade (yes, cool!) with the light hitting the grass with shades of yellow.
 
I wouldn't want to repeat this summer at all but I will say it was full of these little graces.  My children, my husband, family members, friends, meals, and splashes of beauty throughout.  God was giving me rungs on a ladder. Glimpses of His love.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment