Tuesday, July 30, 2013

"Olive Tree" 16x20, Oil on Gessobord

"Olive Tree" 16x20, Oil on Gessobord
 
 
Psalm 52:8-9
"But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever.  I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good.  I will praise you in the presence of the saints."

Oh, I love those verses!  May I pour out my love like a flowing river and even in this dark world praise Him and trust Him!

I tried to tie the water with the tree and just give a "ghost" of the tree.  I hope I got that.  I also used an Olive Tree for my model. Olive trees are rich in so much!  Not only for their oil that lit the lamps of the ancient peoples but anointed kings and flavored foods.  When Noah was brought hope of the world the dove brought him an olive leaf.  Our Lord Jesus walked in a garden of olives before His death. The Olive tree is an evergreen but a very high-maintenance tree.  So many good truths!
 
I wanted the roots to become like a waterfall.  His grace poured out over us, His rich and lavish love.

No comments:

Post a Comment