Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Downburst" Oil Painting

30x30, Oil on Canvas
 
I love rain.  I love the feel of it and the smell of it.  I love what it does to light and to land that has long been dry.
 
I finally feel like I'm happy with the land as there are layers you are looking through and pockets where they are holding more moisture.
 
Mostly, I try to get at a feeling in the painting. Rainstorms are awesome to behold and at the same time can be terrible.  God was described as a cloud in the Old Testament full of awe and mystery.  I liked the part where the cloud finally opens and down comes the water washing the land and giving it life.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sharing your blog with my fb friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fawn, thanks for sharing my blog! You are very kind.

      Delete
  2. Do you know the story of the young girl, maybe 4 or 5, who had been sick, in the hospital for a long while. Later, at her sibling's ball game, the smell of rain erupted as storm neared the area. The child told her mother that God smelled like rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's is a great story...do you know where it is from? It's neat to know God through our senses. :)

      Delete
  3. That´s a very great art work!!!Your work is amazing!Wishing you the best! Just enough and magically done.

    Hawaiian Paintings

    ReplyDelete