Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Enchanting Tree

20x20, Oil on Canvas

This is a commission piece.  I am almost done.  I finished up the limbs and tree today.  I will add the mist and snow tomorrow.  I just wanted to post that I have been working!  This one is taking a little longer than usual because of the amount of detail.  But I have absolutely loved doing every bit of it.  I feel like I've learned a great deal about color layering with this one.

With the snow gently falling you will see some of the "magic" of the tree.  I already see it in the twists and shades of the limbs.  It's free and wild and at the same time has these wonderful low branches that welcome me to climb and lean and smell the snow.

Once in a while you get these commissions that just send your heart singing.  This was one of them for me.

2 comments:

  1. So breathtaking and glorifying. Your work consistently points me toward the beauty of our Dad, sweet friend. Thank you for introducing this piece to the world and always being faithful to what He puts on your heart. I can't wait to see the finished piece.

    Much love,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Jill. Your comments mean the world to me.

      Delete