Saturday, December 31, 2011

Plein Air Painting with Dad



Dad and I had some time this morning to go out and paint "plein air" (outside and on location) near his house.  It was a lovely spot in the sun with the trees and blue sky.  We had 30 degree weather this morning that's why I'm in a cap but it warmed up to the 70's.  Really beautiful day.

My Dad is the one who really taught me to paint.  I always say he is really the true artist in the family.  He just naturally can put a landscape together in a very pleasing way.  As a small child I would sit and watch him paint.  One day he got out this little canvas and said, "Come on up here and do one too!"  I remember how much I loved it from the very beginning. 

Not a bad way to start the new year...getting to be outside, see some nature and enjoy some time with Dad.

Here was mine:

8x10, Oil on Canvas

I still need to work on some details.  ;) 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this, sweet friend! Especially the anecdote about your father inviting you up into his lap to participate in painting. Reminds me so much of how our Lord invites us to participate in what He's doing in this world. Thank you for your continued faithfulness and steadfastness to what our heavenly Dad has called you to do. And happy new year!! Many hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. How appropriate that my first comment of the new year is from my sweet friend Jill! May God bless you and keep you in His good hands! Much love to you. I have your picture in here with me in the studio. I love it. "Don't be so bad kids!"

    ReplyDelete