Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"White Cascade" Oil Painting

30x30 Oil on Canvas

I was literally scared while painting this as I didn't know what I was going to do until I got to that certain spot.  I still am sitting with it and feel I might go back and darken some areas.  But it is like a prayer: breathed, spoken and finally out.  I am so glad!  I couldn't shake the idea out of my head until I painted it.

I hope it feels like it's another world...almost towards heaven.  I got to thinking about what C.S. Lewis wrote about heaven in "The Last Battle."  He described it as, "farther up and farther in."  Meaning once you are in heaven you never fully explore it as each level is a new and greater beauty, grace and adventure.  I like that.  I hope we also go farther up and farther in to knowing our precious God.  Up to the Living Water, Eternal and Beautiful Savior.

1 comment: