Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Still and Quiet Wood


I've been working on some little 6x6's and this one just came very quickly today. I suppose cause it's just four colors: Alizarin Crimson, Pthalo Blue, Paynes Grey and Titanium White. I wanted it to seem lonely and quiet.
In all honesty, it's how I'm feeling right now. I'm about to see my oldest daughter go to Kindergarten in a few days and I've been a bit sad about it. I know she is growing up and it is good to see. What a treasure it's been to me to have her home all these years and just see that little life grow and deepen. I will miss seeing her but I know she needs to do this. And I will always be her Mom.
"The Still and Quiet Wood" is where my heart is sitting. In this blue fog. Praying and holding onto the hand of Jesus. She's not really mine. She's His. That's my comfort.

3 comments:

  1. Dawn, it is beautiful....and so are your words. Myla will grow, thrive and blossom like the trees in the silent wood, but with laughter, color, and brightness that only a kindergardener can display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa. Your words are a great comfort to me. I have another little piece I hope to finish today or tomorrow called, "Little Beauty" and it's a little tree going into the light, a yellow and red piece. It reminds me of Myla with the laughter, color and brightness you talked about. Only a Mom could say it so well! Thanks sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your forest scenes. They are so calming. It put you in a place that you don't want to leave. Blessings and continued success. Cottonwood here you come.

    ReplyDelete