Friday, August 20, 2010

Little Beauty


Another little 6x6, Oil on Canvas.


I call this one, "Little Beauty" because of my daughter, Myla. She is this little tree growing and blooming in the light like God's beautiful stained glass. She reflects the love of God to me. Now I will enjoy this new time of her life as she steps out to school. I will pray, watch and remember when she was just a tiny baby. I had no idea how to do this thing called mothering. Yet God took my hand and said, "Let's do this together ok?" It gives me strength to think of how faithful He has been all the way. He will be faithful still.


I like to think of myself as the Mother Tree with my limbs over her although she may not see them. I'll be here waiting and smiling at this dear life God has made.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Dawn. Your thoughts about your little daughter are not only a loving mother's heart towards her, but are 'God Thoughts' and you capture them in paint. People need to know the heart of God clearly expressed. And you have a gift of expressing God's loveliness in paint and words. Thank you for sharing and not holding back.
    Chris Reading UK.

    ReplyDelete